What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Fycompa to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFF HUMAN DATA AVAIL;CONSIDER MATERNAL BENEFIT; ANIMAL DATA SUGG DEV TOX
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA; EXCRETED IN RATS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Maximum frequency for dosage increase is every 2 weeks. Neuro/Psych-Fall risk due to dizziness, gait disturbances, somnolence and fatigue. Monitor for psychiatric or abnormal behavior (e.g. aggression, hostility, irritability, homicidal ideation, suicidal ideation) at the start and during any dose titration. Renal-Titrate dose slowly with moderate impairment. Not recommended in severe CRF. Hepatic-Titrate dose slowly with moderate impairment. Not recommended in severe disease.
Giving Fycompa to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Not studied age < 4 years. Risk of neurobehavioral impairment and mood changes. Theoretical risk of CNS changes.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of mood changes, hostility, aggression, suicidal ideation. Monitor behavior. No safety information for treating generalized tonic-clonic seizure age < 12 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.