What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pamprin to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- No Known Fetal/Neonatal Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: ONE REPORT OF METABOL ACIDOSIS W/ASA;RISK OF REYE'S SYN W/VIRAL ILLNESS/FEVER
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly have a higher incidence of systemic toxicities. Dose reduction may be needed.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly may be more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose is recommended, and the maximum dose recommendation varies between 3000-3800 mg depending on strength used and source of the recommendation.
Giving Pamprin to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Consult clinician prior to use. Limited safety data,
- Severe Precaution: Do not use in viral illness (influenza, varicella) due to possible increased risk of Reye syndrome. Consult clinician prior to use.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.