Who should not take Contrave?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- spread of cancer to the brain
- tumor of the brain or spinal cord
- low blood sugar
- symptoms from alcohol withdrawal
- symptoms from stopping treatment with opioid drugs
- mood changes
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- alcohol use disorder
- dependence on opioid-type drugs
- anorexia nervosa
- a low seizure threshold
- closed angle glaucoma
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- a stroke
- severe liver disease
- malformed blood vessels
- weight loss
- seizure caused by sudden withdrawal of benzodiazepine
- stimulant drug dependence
- sedative drug dependence
- opioid use last 4 hours in narcotic addicted patient
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Contrave?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.