What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering NON-ASPIRIN to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
- Precaution: MAY DECREASE MILK SUPPLY, AND CAUSE IRRITABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Elderly are more sensitive to tachycardia and hypertensive effects. May exacerbate symptomatic coronary insufficiency. Genitourinary-May cause urinary retention. Neuro/Psych-May worsen cognitive impairment in some elderly with dementia. Insomnia risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly may be more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose is recommended, and the maximum dose recommendation varies between 3000-3800 mg depending on strength used and source of the recommendation.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: High risk of adverse CNS effects. Not recommended for use age < 6 years.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Have you ever purchased Sinus Headache-Non-Drowsy oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.