What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Evekeo to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: POTENTIAL WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS IN NEONATE INCLUDING AGITATION, LISTLESSNESS
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: AMPHETAMINES CONCENTRATE IN MILK. POTENTIAL ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-May exacerbate pre-existing insomnia. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing coronary insufficiency, cause or exacerbate peripheral vasculopathy. Gastrointestinal-Anorexia may cause significant weight loss.
Giving Evekeo to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk with cardiac structural defect; monitor growth and behavior. Rare reports of suicidal ideation.
- Severe Precaution: Risk with cardiac structural defects. Risk of slowed growth. behavioral changes, new or breakthrough seizure, suicidal ideation, visual disturbances. Not recommended age < 3 years for ADHD
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.