What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering DDAVP Aerosol, Spray With Pump to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE.
- FDB Only When Necessary: LIMITED HUMAN DATA DO NOT SUGGEST A CLEAR ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT TOXICITY.
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT IN BREASTMILK AND POOR ORAL ABSORPTION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Avoid for treatment of nocturia or nocturnal polyuria due to risk for hyponatremia. Safer alternatives exist. Use in geriatric patients requires careful fluid intake restriction to prevent possible water intoxication with hyponatremia.
Giving DDAVP Aerosol, Spray With Pump to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Contraindicated for treatment of primary nocturnal enuresis. Risk of water intoxication, hyponatremia and seizure. Monitor fluid intake.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.