Sorry, we have no data available. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
Armodafinil or modafinil may slow down how quickly your liver processes clopidogrel to its active form.
What might happen:
Your clopidogrel may not work as well.
What you should do about this interaction:
Make sure your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these medicines together. Your doctor may want to change your armodafinil or modafinil to a different medicine.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Plavix (clopidogrel bisulfate) US prescribing information. Bristol-Myers Squibb/Sanofi Pharmaceuticals Partnership October, 2018.
- 2.Kazui M, Nishiya Y, Ishizuka T, Hagihara K, Farid NA, Okazaki O, Ikeda T, Kurihara A. Identification of the human cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the two oxidative steps in the bioactivation of clopidogrel to its pharmacologically active metabolite. Drug Metab Dispos 2010 Jan; 38(1):92-9.
- 3.Nuvigil (armodafinil) US prescribing information. Cephalon, Inc. October, 2010.
- 4.Provigil (modafinil) US prescribing information. Cephalon, Inc. October, 2010.
- 5.US Food and Drug Association. Information on Clopidogrel Bisulfate (marketed as Plavix). Available at: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPati entsandProviders/ucm190836.htm October 27, 2010.
- 6.US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Drug Development and Drug Interactions: Table of Substrates, Inhibitors and Inducers. Available at: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-interactions-labeling/drug-development-and- drug-interactions-table-substrates-inhibitors-and-inducers. Updated 11/14/2017.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.