What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Mylanta Maximum Strength 400 Mg-400 Mg-40 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension Antacids to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- No Known Fetal/Neonatal Risk:
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: POOR GI ABSORPTION
- No Known Risk: EXCRETED IN ANIMAL STUDIES;POOR GI ABSORPTION
- No Known Risk: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; DRUG DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ABSORBED BY GI TRACT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause diarrhea. Caution in renal impairment.
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause constipation. Overuse may affect bone mineralization.
Giving Mylanta Maximum Strength 400 Mg-400 Mg-40 Mg/5 Ml Oral Suspension Antacids to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare risk of osteomalacia with high dose therapy.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.