Who should not take XELJANZ XR?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- active tuberculosis
- inactive tuberculosis
- opportunistic fungal infection
- a bad infection
- cancer or malignancy
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a decreased number of lymphocytes in the blood
- a blood clot
- liver problems
- abnormal liver function tests
- disorder of lymphoid tissue after transplant
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- malignant lymphoma
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- increased cardiovascular event risk
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- an increased risk of developing an uncommon viral infection called an opportunistic infection
- increased risk of cardiovascular disease due to plaque
- Child-Pugh class B liver impairment
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Xeljanz XR?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.