Who should not take KYLEENA?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- uterine fibroids
- breast cancer
- carcinoma cancer of the cervix
- cancer of the uterus
- cancer in the lining of the uterus
- increased risk of bleeding due to clotting disorder
- a migraine headache
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- heart valve disease
- a stroke
- liver problems
- an infection of the female reproductive organs called pelvic inflammatory disease
- inflammation of the cervix
- inflammation or infection of the vagina
- an infection of the vagina called bacterial vaginosis
- an ovarian cyst
- absence of menstrual periods
- abnormal bleeding from the uterus
- pregnancy to occur outside of womb
- abortion complicated by an infection
- heart disease present at birth
- abnormality of the uterus or cervix since birth
- abnormal pap smear results
- a yellowing of the eyes or skin from buildup of bilirubin called jaundice
- a liver tumor
- postpartum endometritis
- puncture of the uterus from the intra-uterine device
- IUD insertion with active vaginitis
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using Kyleena Intrauterine Device?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.