What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Zoledronic ACID Solution, Intravenous Piggyback to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended: DEVELOPMENTAL TOX IN ANIMALS; BINDS TO MATERNAL BONE & IS RELEASED OVER WKS-YRS
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: SHOULD NOT BE ADMINISTERED IN LACTATION, BINDS TO BONE LONG-TERM
- Precaution: Effect Unknown
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Nephrotoxicity risk is higher in the elderly; monitor renal function prior to giving dose. Avoid in severe impairment (CrCL<30 mL/min) and correct dehydration before administering dose.
Giving Zoledronic ACID Solution, Intravenous Piggyback to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk of fever, arthralgia, hypocalcemia. Weigh risk-benefit. Not indicated per manufacturer.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.