Who should not take EVEROLIMUS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- cancer or malignancy
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that affects the kidney and the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- fluid in the covering of the heart or pericardium
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a type of blood disorder
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- stomatitis, a condition with painful swelling and sores inside the mouth
- liver problems
- acute kidney failure
- a clot in an artery of the kidney
- visible water retention
- elevation of proteins in the urine
- impaired wound healing
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- malignant lymphoma
- a blood clot in the liver after a liver transplant
- heart transplant
- kidney problems due to BK polyomavirus
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using everolimus?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.