Who should not take EVEROLIMUS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bad infection
- excessive fat in the blood
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- stomatitis, a condition with painful swelling and sores inside the mouth
- liver problems
- acute kidney failure
- visible water retention
- elevation of proteins in the urine
- impaired wound healing
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- care immediately before, during and after surgery
- Child-Pugh class C liver impairment
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using everolimus?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.