What Conditions does Rifampin Treat?
- bacterial infection due to Staphylococcus
- active tuberculosis
- treatment of staphylococcal osteomyelitis with more than one medication
- inactive tuberculosis
- colonization with Meningococcus bacteria without symptoms of infection
- skin infection caused by anthrax
- pneumonia caused by the bacteria anthrax
- bacterial stomach or intestine infection due to anthrax
- infection of the brain or spinal cord caused by anthrax
- prevention of Haemophilus influenzae type b
- infection of the blood caused by the bacteria anthrax
- leprosy due to multiple bacteria
- paucibacillary leprosy
- single lesion paucibacillary leprosy
- an infection due to unusual mycobacteria
- treatment to prevent meningococcal meningitis
- infection due to a Brucella bacteria
- a bacterial infection
- infection of artificial heart valve due to Staphylococcus
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Rifampin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.