Who should not take Rifampin?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- hemolytic uremic syndrome, a condition that affects the kidney and the blood
- decreased blood-clotting from low vitamin K
- thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, a type of blood disorder
- liver problems
- abnormal liver function tests
- a yellowing of the eyes or skin from buildup of bilirubin called jaundice
- lung tissue problem
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Rifampin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.