What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Ertugliflozin 2.5 Mg-Metformin 500 Mg Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
- Known or Theoretical Risk:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: NO KNOWN INFANT ADVERSE OUTCOMES; MFR ADVISES CAUTION
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA; MFG DOES NOT REC
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Contraindicated with eGFR <30 mL/minute/1.73 m2. Do not initiate or continue use for persistent eGFR 30 to less than 60 mL/minute/1.73 m2. Not effective with severe renal impairment. Cardiovascular- Risk of intravascular volume contraction, orthostatic hypotension. Assess and correct volume status. Endocrine-Ketoacidosis reported with glucose levels lower than expected (<250mg/dL).
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Increased risk for drug induced metabolic acidosis with increasing age and declining renal function. Metformin is contraindicated in patients with an eGFR below 30 mL/min. Cardiovascular-Heart failure patients may have a higher risk for metabolic acidosis.
Giving Ertugliflozin 2.5 Mg-Metformin 500 Mg Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No pediatric safety and efficacy established.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in pediatrics age < 10 years not established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.