Who should not take SYMFI?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- increased blood acidity due to high levels of lactic acid
- acute inflammation of the pancreas
- chronic inflammation of the pancreas
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- chronic kidney disease stage 3A (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- manic behavior
- suicidal thoughts
- aggressive behavior
- liver problems
- difficulty sleeping
- CYP2B6*6/*6 genotype
- osteomalacia, or softening of bones
- low amount of phosphate in the blood
- Fanconi syndrome, a condition of the kidneys resulting in excessive urination, thirst and vomiting
- acute kidney failure
- decreased calcification or density of bone
- broken bone due to disease or illness
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Symfi?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.