What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Vigadrone 500 Mg Oral Powder Packet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FDA CATEGORY C; POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS (VISION LOSS)
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE OUTCOMES; PERMANENT VISION LOSS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Use caution in elderly at increased fall risk. Anticonvulsants may produce ataxia or impaired psychomotor function. Avoid unless safer alternatives are not available. Renal-Dose adjustment necessary for CrCL<81 mL/min. Start at lower doses to avoid excessive CNS effects. Vision-Boxed Warning: Avoid or use extreme caution in elderly with vision impairment due to well documented progressive and permanent bilateral visual field constriction.
Giving Vigadrone 500 Mg Oral Powder Packet to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: No established safety and efficacy for refractory complex partial seizures age< 10 years. Approved for infantile spasms beginning age 1 month. Risk of severe vision changes and vision loss. Reports of MRI abnormalities in infants, ear infection and acute otitis media. Potential risk of neurobehavioral effects.
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of severe vision changes and vision loss, developmental delay, potential risk of neurobehavioral effects.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.