What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering MKO (Midazolam-Ketamine-Ondan) Troche to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; NO DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY SEEN IN ANIMALS
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; ANIMAL DATA SUG DEV TOX
- Not Recommended: INSUFF HUMAN DATA; POSSIBLE RISK OF CONGENITAL MALFORMATIONS W/ BENZODIAZEPINES
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: UNLIKELY CLINICALLY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT EXCRETED
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; MANUFACTURER RECOMMENDS CAUTION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Elderly at increase risk for hypoxia, respiratory and cardiac arrest. Use reduced dosages and administer with extreme caution.
Giving MKO (Midazolam-Ketamine-Ondan) Troche to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Increased risk of hypotension, seizure with rapid injection. Monitor respiration. Decreased clearance.
- management or monitoring precaution: Limited safety and efficacy data age < 4 years.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of long-term cognitive deficit if duration exceeds 3 hrs and age < 3 years.
- Severe Precaution: Respiratory depression risk increases with concurrent opiate use. Use weight based dosing. Monitor closely.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.