Who should not take SIROLIMUS?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- an unusual viral infection called cytomegalovirus infection
- pneumonia with a fungus called Pneumocystis jirovecii
- a bad infection
- cancer or malignancy
- high cholesterol
- high amount of triglyceride in the blood
- excessive fat in the blood
- high blood pressure
- fluid in the covering of the heart or pericardium
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- liver problems
- decreased kidney function
- male infertility
- visible water retention
- fluid retention in the legs, feet, arms or hands
- elevation of proteins in the urine
- impaired wound healing
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- malignant lymphoma
- liver transplant
- lung transplant
- a blood clot in the liver after a liver transplant
- a bronchial anastomotic dehiscence where the transplanted lung surgical connection comes apart
- lung tissue problem
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- lymphedema, or swelling due to blockage of lymph nodes
- skin cancer
- kidney problems due to BK polyomavirus
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using sirolimus?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.