What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Diclovix 1.5 %-2.5 %-4 %-2 % Kit,Patch,Drops,Topical Topical Local Anesthetics to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE.
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FDA C BEFORE 30WKS;PREMATURE CLOSURE OF DUCTUS ARTERIOSUS;EARLY MISCARRIAGE RISK
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMOUNT EXCRETED REPORTED TO BE LOW WITH LOW INFANT ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY
- Precaution: SMALL AMT OF DRUG ABSORBED SYSTEMICALLY;RISK OF REYE'S SYN W/ORAL SALICYLATES
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; LIKELY COMPATIBLE PER BRIGGS.
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Increased risk for ulceration or serious GI bleed with history of PUD or GI bleed. Renal-Risk for exacerbation of CKD. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing hypertension,CHF. Cardiovascular thrombotic event risk, including MI and stroke, increases with duration of use. Risk for reinfarction with minimal NSAID use post-MI. Contraindicated in the setting of CABG. Hepatic-Elevated hepatic transaminases may occur with chronic use.
Giving Diclovix 1.5 %-2.5 %-4 %-2 % Kit,Patch,Drops,Topical Topical Local Anesthetics to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Prolonged use or use on extensive skin areas may lead to systemic toxicity, e.g. hemostatic or metabolic changes.
- Severe Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia in infants age < 6 months. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in pediatrics have not been established.
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.