What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering PREPARATION H RAPID RLF-LIDOCN to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: AMOUNT EXCRETED REPORTED TO BE LOW WITH LOW INFANT ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia in infants age < 6 months. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of CNS excitation. Do not use age <12 years without clinician consult.
- Severe Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia. Use dose based on age, body weight and physical condition.
You Might Also Like
Have you ever purchased lidocaine-phenylephrine-glycerin-petrolatum topical?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.