What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering LEVETIRACETAM ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Decreased dose may be necessary with decreased renal function of aging. Neuro/Psych-Can cause somnolence, ataxia, dyskinesia, impaired psychomotor function, syncope, and falls in those predisposed.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of psychotic symptoms and neutropenia. Safety and efficacy not established age < 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: Monitor for increased diastolic blood pressure. Risk of behavioral changes, irritability, fatigue, anorexia, somnolence.
- Severe Precaution: Monitor behavior. Risk of aggression, irritability, fatigue, anorexia, somnolence.
- Severe Precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 1 month.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using levetiracetam ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.