What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Panlor SS Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN RISK; OTC PRODUCT, NO FDA PREGNANCY WARNINGS
- Only When Necessary: NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL/RESP.DEPRESS. W/CHRONIC OR HIGH DOSE
- Only When Necessary: REPORTS OF MISCARRIAGE,POOR FETAL GROWTH POSSIBLY ASSOC W/HIGH DOSES OF CAFFEINE
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: MONITOR NURSING INFANT FOR RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION
- Precaution: HIGH DOSES MAY CAUSE HYPERACTIVITY AND WAKEFULNESS IN INFANT.
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Life threatening respiratory depression is more likely to occur with high doses, SR products, cachexia, or debilitation due to altered pharmacokinetics with poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance. Monitor closely at initiation and with dose titration. Neuro/Psych-Risk for increased confusion and delirium. May increase fall risk. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active drugs. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Urogenital-Urinary retention risk.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly are more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose of 3000mg is advised.
Giving Panlor SS Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- management or monitoring precaution: Adverse CNS effects of insomnia, restlessness, nervousness, and mild delirium, more severe in children.
- Severe Precaution: Contraindicated for pain management post-surgical tonsillectomy and or adenoidectomy. Respiratory depression and death reported in CYP2D6 ultra-rapid metabolizer patients post tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy. Avoid in patient with obesity, obstructive sleep apnea, asthma or other underlying breathing problem.
- Contraindication: Increased risk of CNS and respiratory depression. Contraindicated age < 12 years. Respiratory depression and death reported in CYP2D6 ultra-rapid metabolizers post tonsillectomy or adenoidectomy. Risk increases with obesity, asthma, obstructive sleep apnea or other underlying lung or breathing problem.
- management or monitoring precaution: Caution in: seizure disorder, cardiovascular disease, or in premature neonates with renal or hepatic impairment.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.