What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Keppra to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: POTENTIAL FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-Decreased dose may be necessary with decreased renal function of aging. Neuro/Psych-Can cause somnolence, ataxia, dyskinesia, impaired psychomotor function, syncope, and falls in those predisposed.
Giving Keppra to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor for increased diastolic blood pressure. Risk of behavioral changes, irritability, fatigue, anorexia, somnolence.
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor behavior. Risk of aggression, irritability, fatigue, anorexia, somnolence.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established age < 1 month.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.