Who should not take Rivastigmine?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a type of movement disorder called parkinsonism
- extrapyramidal disease, a type of movement disorder
- torsades de pointes, a type of abnormal heart rhythm
- sick sinus syndrome
- slow heartbeat
- prolonged QT interval on EKG
- abnormal heart rhythm
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- a blockage in the urinary tract
- decreased appetite
- weight loss
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Rivastigmine?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.