What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Cefoxitin Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE HUMAN DATA SHOW NO INCREASED RISK FOR MAJOR BIRTH DEFECTS.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; GI FLORA CHANGES POSSIBLE; MONITOR FOR DIARRHEA
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Adjust dosage or dose interval as needed for decreased renal function.
Giving Cefoxitin Vial to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Higher doses have been associated with eosinophilia and elevated SGOT liver enzymes.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety & efficacy from birth to 3 months of age have not been established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.