What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Activella to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- No Known Fetal/Neonatal Risk:
- FDA X (contraindicated):
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA INDICATE HIGHER EXCRETION MAY OCCUR W/VAGINAL VS TRANSDERM ADMIN
- No Known Risk: MAY INHIBIT LACTATION AT HIGH DOSES.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-Use lowest possible dose for shortest duration and in combination with a progestin as indicated to reduce the risk of endometrial hyperplasia and breast cancer. Cardiovascular-May increase risk for thromboembolic events. Avoid use in patients with known, suspected, or history of arterial or venous thromboembolic disease. Neuro/Psych-May increase the risk for dementia.
Giving Activella to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: May cause premature epiphyseal closure. Prepubertal use may induce vaginal bleeding, premature breast development.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy pre-menarche has not been established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.