Selected Benzodiazepines/Idelalisib Interactions
This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. Consult your healthcare professional before taking or discontinuing any drug or commencing any course of treatment.
Moderate. These medicines may cause some risk when taken together. Contact your healthcare professional (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) for more information.
How the interaction occurs:
When idelalisib is taken together with your benzodiazepine, your body may not process the benzodiazepine properly.
What might happen:
The amount of benzodiazepine in your blood may increase and cause more side effects than usual.
What you should do about this interaction:
Let your healthcare professionals (e.g. doctor or pharmacist) know that you are taking these two medicines together. Your doctor may want to decrease the dose of your benzodiazepine. Let your doctor know if you have excessive drowsiness, blurred vision, agitation, headache or changes in your mood or memory.Your healthcare professionals may already be aware of this interaction and may be monitoring you for it. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with them first.
- 1.Zydelig (idelalisib) US prescribing information. Gilead Sciences, Inc. October, 2018.
- 2.Xanax (alprazolam) US prescribing information. Pharmacia & Upjohn Company December, 2016.
- 3.Klonopin (clonazepam) US prescribing information. Genentech, Inc. October, 2017.
- 4.Valium (diazepam) US prescribing information. Roche Products Inc December, 2016.
- 5.Estazolam tablet US prescribing information. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc November, 2015.
- 6.Versed Syrup (midazolam hydrochloride) US Prescribing Information. Roche Pharmaceuticals December, 1998.
- 7.Jin F, Robeson M, Zhou H, Moyer C, Wilbert S, Murray B, Ramanathan S. Clinical drug interaction profile of idelalisib in healthy subjects. J Clin Pharmacol 2015 Aug;55(8):909-19.
- 8.Bossaer JB, Chakraborty K. Drug interaction between idelalisib and diazepam resulting in altered mental status and respiratory failure. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2017 Sep;23(6):470-472.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.