What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE-AMITRIPTYLINE to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAIL; LOW MW, EXCRETION IS POSSIBLE; NOT REC PER BRIGGS
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE; LOW LEVELS EXCRETED
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Sedation and fall risk. Long half-life benzodiazepines are generally not preferred in the elderly. If used, limit to smallest effective dose (max 20mg/day).
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Risk of CNS depression or paradoxical reaction. Limited clinical experience age < 6 years. Not recommended.
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt with underlying major depression.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of paradoxical reaction, excitement in hyperactive or aggressive patient. Monitor behavior.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using CHLORDIAZEPOXIDE-AMITRIPTYLINE?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.