What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering AMOXICILLIN-CLAVULANATE POT ER to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe: TX OF PREMATURE MEMBRANE RUPTURE ASSOC. WITH NEONATAL NECROTIZING ENTEROCOLITIS
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MAY CAUSE SENSITIZATION, DIARRHEA OR RASH IN NURSING INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Renal-May need to adjust dosage for renal impairment.
Giving AMOXICILLIN-CLAVULANATE POT ER to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Rare reports of tooth discoloration or staining; may be reduced with cleaning or brushing.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established in pediatrics age< 7 years or weight < 40 kg.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.