What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Belladonna Alkaloids-Opium 16.2 Mg-60 Mg Rectal Suppository to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR INFANT FOR RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION AND INCREASED DROWSINESS
- Precaution: MAY INHIBIT LACTATION. AVOID CHRONIC USE.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Cardiovascular-May cause orthostatic hypotension at higher doses. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause.
- management or monitoring precaution: Use cautiously in asthma, prostatic hypertrophy and hepatic disease.
Giving Belladonna Alkaloids-Opium 16.2 Mg-60 Mg Rectal Suppository to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Potential increased sensitivity to effects, adverse CNS effects and respiratory depression.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.