What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Gleevec to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended: BASED ON DRUG PHARMACOLOGY DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY IS POSSIBLE
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: CAUTION ADVISED; POTENTIAL SERIOUS EFFECTS ON INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Greater risk of edema. Monitor patients with underlying CHF, establish baseline left ventricular function. Renal-Adjust dose for mild to moderate renal impairment. Increased risk of renal toxicity with prolonged therapy.
Giving Gleevec to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Reports of slowed growth rate. No safety and efficacy data age < 1 year.
- management or monitoring precaution: Monitor closely for slowed growth rate.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.