Who should not take Imatinib MESYLATE?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- fluid accumulation in the brain
- high blood pressure
- coronary artery disease
- fluid in the covering of the heart or pericardium
- heart valve disease
- chronic heart failure
- left ventricular heart failure
- inflammation of the middle tissue heart muscle
- escape of fluid into the lungs
- fluid in the lungs
- liver problems
- severe liver disease
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- decreased kidney function
- heart disease present at birth
- visible water retention
- blood circulation failure due to serious heart condition
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- reactivation of hepatitis B infection
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Imatinib MESYLATE?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.