Who should not take Almotriptan Malate?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- serotonin syndrome, a type of disorder with high serotonin levels
- migraine headache with temporary paralysis of one side
- significant uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- Prinzmetal angina, a type of angina where chest pain occurs when at rest
- angina, a type of chest pain
- coronary artery disease
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- abnormal heart rhythm
- a stroke
- cerebral ischemia, a lack of blood supply to the brain
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- peripheral vascular disease
- an ischemic bowel, a condition where the blood flow to the intestine is significantly decreased
- liver problems
- family history of inadequate blood-flow to heart muscle
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Almotriptan Malate?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.