Who should not take Ribavirin?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- sickle cell anemia
- significant anemia
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a heart attack
- severe disease of the arteries of the heart
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- a type of inflammation of the lung called interstitial pneumonitis
- x-ray results showing lung tissue changes
- inflammation of the tissues surrounding a tooth
- liver inflammation resulting from an abnormal immune response
- hardening of the liver
- chronic kidney disease stage 3B (moderate)
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
- pure red cell aplasia
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Ribavirin?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.