Who should not take DEXMETHYLPHENIDATE HCL ER?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- manic behavior
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- addiction to a drug
- chronic muscle twitches or movements
- aggressive behavior
- glaucoma, an increased pressure in the eye
- high blood pressure
- heart attack within the last 30 days
- angina, a type of chest pain
- coronary artery disease
- cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle
- abnormal heart rhythm
- chronic heart failure
- abnormal EKG with QT changes from birth
- a stroke
- Raynaud's phenomenon, a condition where blood vessels constrict too much with coldness or stress
- priapism, a prolonged erection of the penis
- structural disorder of heart
- anxiety disorder
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using dexmethylphenidate HCL ER?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.