What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering DICLOFENAC SODIUM-MISOPROSTOL to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Absolute Contraindication: ABORTIFACIENT AND TERATOGENIC
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FDA C BEFORE 30WKS;PREMATURE CLOSURE OF DUCTUS ARTERIOSUS;EARLY MISCARRIAGE RISK
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED INTO BREASTMILK, UNLIKELY TO CAUSE ADVERSE EFFECTS
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Gastrointestinal-Increased risk for ulceration or serious GI bleed with history of PUD or GI bleed. Renal-Risk for exacerbation of CKD. Cardiovascular-May exacerbate pre-existing hypertension,CHF. Cardiovascular thrombotic event risk, including MI and stroke, increases with duration of use. Risk for reinfarction with minimal NSAID use post-MI. Contraindicated in the setting of CABG. Hepatic-Elevated hepatic transaminases may occur with chronic use.
Giving DICLOFENAC SODIUM-MISOPROSTOL to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy in pediatrics.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy in pediatrics have not been established.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.