What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Isovue-200 Vial to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Possibly Safe: CONSIDER MATERNAL DIAGNOSTIC BENEFIT VERSUS POTENTIAL FETAL ADVERSE EFFECTS
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: LIMITED DATA SUGGEST POOR ORAL ABSORPTION
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: More sensitive to renal toxicity. Recommend adequate hydration before and after drug administration.
Giving Isovue-200 Vial to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Risk of hypothyroidism. Increased adverse events in patient with asthma, hypersensitive, cyanotic and acyanotic heart disease, congestive heart failure, serum creatinine greater than 1.5 mg/dL.
- Severe Precaution: Hypothyroidism or transient thyroid suppression observed rarely. Risk of contrast related events with asthma, cyanotic heart disease, congestive heart failure, serum creatinine >1.5 mg/dL.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.