What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Lisinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Contraindicated or Not Recommended: FETAL DEATH/MORBIDITY W/USE IN 2ND & 3RD TRIMESTER, STOP WHEN PREGNANCY DETECTED
- Possibly Safe: NOT RECOMMENDED IN PRE-ECLAMPSIA AND OTHER PREGNANCY-INDUCED HYPERTENSION.
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE; MANUFACTURER DOES NOT RECOMMEND
- Precaution: LIMITED AMOUNTS EXCRETED WITH NO KNOWN ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Increased sensitivity to effects on blood pressure. Metabolic-more likely to develop hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia. Endocrine-May worsen glucose control in diabetics. Renal-Not effective with CrCL < 30mL/min.
- management or monitoring precaution: Cardiovascular-Peak plasma levels and AUC may be up to 2 times higher in the elderly. Monitor closely for hypotension especially after dose increases. Renal-Monitor for increased serum creatinine. Metabolic-Monitor for and manage hyperkalemia.
Giving Lisinopril-Hydrochlorothiazide to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: No safety and efficacy data age < 6 years or in pediatric patients with GFR < 30 mL/minute /1.73m2.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.