What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Pentazocine-Acetaminophen Tablet to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: AVAILABLE DATA SUGGEST NO KNOWN RISK; OTC PRODUCT, NO FDA PREGNANCY WARNINGS
- FDB Only When Necessary: NEONATAL WITHDRAWAL/RESP.DEPRESS. W/CHRONIC OR HIGH DOSE
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT DATA AVAILABLE, MONITOR INFANT FOR RESP DEPRESSION
- No Known Risk: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- Contraindication: Neuro/Psych-Generally not recommended in the elderly due to high risk for CNS adverse effects in the elderly and poor effectiveness. May increase fall risk. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Pulmonary-Respiratory depression risk in the elderly.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly are more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose of 3000mg is advised.
Giving Pentazocine-Acetaminophen Tablet to a child under 12
- management or monitoring precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression. No safety and efficacy established age < 12 years.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.