Does Promethazine-Codeine Interact with other Medications?
These medications are not usually taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- SELECTED PHOTOSENSITIZERS/TRETINOIN-MEQUINOL
- CERTAIN ANTIPSYCHOTICS/CISAPRIDE
- OPIOID ANALGESICS/NALTREXONE
- PHENOTHIAZINES/GREPAFLOXACIN; SPARFLOXACIN
These medications may interact and cause very harmful effects. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- OPIOIDS (COUGH AND COLD)/BENZODIAZEPINES
- OPIOIDS (COUGH AND COLD)/SLEEP DRUGS; TRANQUILIZERS
- OPIOIDS (COUGH AND COLD)/MUSCLE RELAXANTS
- OPIOIDS (COUGH AND COLD)/ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES
- SELECTED CYP2D6 SUBSTRATES/PANOBINOSTAT
- SELECTED PHOTOSENSITIZERS/AMINOLEVULINIC ACID
- ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/OPIOIDS (COUGH AND COLD)
- CODEINE; TRAMADOL/SODIUM OXYBATE
- AGENTS THAT AFFECT IODIDE/RADIOACTIVE IODIDE
These medications may cause some risk when taken together. Consult your healthcare professional (e.g., doctor or pharmacist) for more in formation.
- SELECT ANTIPSYCHOTICS;SELECT PHENOTHIAZINES/ANTICHOLINERGICS
- CODEINE/STRONG CYP2D6 INHIBITORS
- OPIOIDS (COUGH & COLD)/SELECTED STIMULANTS
- QT PROLONGING AGENTS/TERLIPRESSIN
- SELECTED ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/TRAMADOL (IR)
- SELECTED ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/METHADONE (NON MAT)
- SELECTED ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/LEVOMETHADYL (IR)
- SLT ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/CODEINE; LEVORPHANOL (IR)
- CHLORPROMAZINE; PROMETHAZINE/MEPERIDINE (IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
- AGENTS WITH HYPONATREMIA RISK/DESMOPRESSIN
- ANTIPSYCHOTICS/BUPRENORPHINE & METHADONE FOR MAT
- AGENTS WITH HYPONATREMIA RISK/DESMOPRESSIN (NOCTURIA)
- ANTIPSYCHOTICS;PHENOTHIAZINE/SLT OPIOIDS (IMMEDIATE RELEASE)
- ANTIPSYCHOTICS; PHENOTHIAZINES/OPIOIDS (EXTENDED RELEASE)
- SELECTED ANTIEMETICS/SELECTED DOPAMINE AGONISTS
- PHENOTHIAZINES/GUANETHIDINE; GUANADREL
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.