What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Rocephin IM Convenience Kit to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- FDB Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE.
- Possibly Safe:
If you are NURSING
- No Known Risk: AMOUNT EXCRETED REPORTED TO BE LOW WITH LOW INFANT ORAL BIOAVAILABILITY
- Precaution: INSUFF DATA AVAIL; GI FLORA CHANGES POSSIBLE; MONITOR FOR DIARRHEA
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: General-May be more sensitive to CNS and cardiac adverse reactions. Consider dose reduction due to reduced clearance in the elderly.
Giving Rocephin IM Convenience Kit to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Contraindicated; in premature neonates due to displacement of bilirubin, or if intravenous calcium is required. Rare risk of ceftriaxone-calcium precipitation in lungs and/or kidneys.
- management or monitoring precaution: Risks associated with hyperbilirubinemia or if intravenous calcium is required. Rare risk of ceftriaxone-calcium precipitation in lungs and/or kidneys.
- Severe Precaution: Rare risk of methemoglobinemia in infants age < 6 months. Risk of systemic toxicity. Monitor for CNS toxicity (e.g. restlessness, dizziness, drowsiness, blurred vision) with prolonged infusion, repeated injections or application. Limited safety data available.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.