Who should not take SODIUM CITRATE-CITRIC ACID?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a sudden decrease in adrenal gland function
- low amount of calcium in the blood
- an increased sodium level in the blood
- high levels of potassium in the blood
- familial hyperkalemic periodic paralysis
- high blood pressure
- chronic heart failure
- fluid in the lungs
- severe renal impairment
- mild to moderate kidney impairment
- fluid retention in the legs, feet, arms or hands
- decreased urine production
- abnormally high levels of nitrogen-containing compounds in your blood
- metabolic alkalosis, an acid-base imbalance of the blood
- cessation of urine production
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using sodium citrate-citric acid?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.