What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering HYDROCODONE-ACETAMINOPHEN to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Not Recommended:
- Not Recommended:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: MONITOR FOR CHANGES IN RESPIRATION, GI EFFECTS, SEDATION, FEEDING PATTERNS
- Precaution: LOW LEVELS EXCRETED WITH LOW RISK FOR ADVERSE EFFECTS IN INFANT
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Pulmonary-Respiratory depression is more likely to occur in elderly due to altered pharmacokinetics (poor fat stores, muscle wasting, or altered clearance). Consider naloxone Rx. Neuro/Psych-Risk for confusion, delirium and falls. Avoid treatment with 3 or more CNS active agents. Gastrointestinal-Constipation risk. Renal-Impaired function may lead to increased toxicity due to accumulation of parent compound and metabolites. Cardiovascular-Monitor for hypotension with high doses.
- management or monitoring precaution: Hepatic-Elderly may be more susceptible to hepatotoxicity. Strict adherence to a maximum daily dose is recommended, and the maximum dose recommendation varies between 3000-3800 mg depending on strength used and source of the recommendation.
Giving Haloperidol to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Use weight based dosing in children less than 12 years.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression. Not for use as a cough suppressant. No safety and efficacy age < 2 years. With any opioid, access to naloxone for emergency reversal can mitigate risk from accidental ingestion/overdose.
- Severe Precaution: Risk of respiratory depression. Weigh risk:benefit. Not for antitussive use. With any opioid, access to naloxone for emergency reversal can mitigate risk from accidental ingestion/overdose.
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
Are you currently using THSC Hydrocodone/APAP oral?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.