Who should not take TRANEXAMIC ACID?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- increased risk of blood clotting
- fluid accumulation in the brain
- a clot in the small veins that carry blood to or from the retina of the eye
- a heart attack
- acute blood clot in a blood vessel supplying the lungs
- heart valve disease
- bleeding in the space surrounding the brain called a subarachnoid hemorrhage
- a blood clot in the brain
- a stroke
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- a blood clot
- blood clot in a deep vein of the extremities
- moderate to severe kidney impairment
- ligneous conjunctivitis, a disease of the eye
- kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using tranexamic acid?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.