Who should not take MITOXANTRONE HCL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- a bacterial infection
- an infection due to a fungus
- a bad infection
- decreased function of bone marrow
- decreased blood platelets
- low levels of white blood cells
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- a heart attack
- a sudden worsening of angina called acute coronary syndrome
- coronary artery disease
- chronic heart failure
- left ventricular heart failure
- obstruction of a blood vessel by a blood clot
- peripheral vascular disease
- liver problems
- severe liver disease
- heart disease present at birth
- a patient who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- therapy-related acute myeloid leukemia
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using Novantrone intravenous?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.