What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Interferon Alfa-2B Solution to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Only When Necessary: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA; ANIMAL DATA SUG DEV TOX
If you are NURSING
- Absolute Contraindication: USE NOT RECOMMENDED. POSSIBILITY FOR SERIOUS ADVERSE EFFECTS EXISTS.
If you are an adult over 60
- management or monitoring precaution: Elderly at increased risk for anemia, cardiovascular and CNS effects, including encephalopathy. Use cautiously especially in renal impairment.
Giving Interferon Alfa-2B Solution to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Possible increased suicidal ideation and attempt. Monitor behavior.
- management or monitoring precaution: Safety and efficacy not established in pediatrics age < 1 year.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.