What should I Know Regarding Pregnancy, Nursing and Administering Benztropine 2 Mg/2 Ml Injection Solution Anticholinergic Agents, Systemic to Children or the Elderly?
If you are PREGNANT
- Requires a Risk/Benefit Assessment:
If you are NURSING
- Precaution: INSUFFICIENT HUMAN DATA AVAILABLE
If you are an adult over 60
- Contraindication: General-AVOID; not recommended for prevention of EPS with antipsychotics; more effective treatment for Parkinson Disease. Neuro/Psych-Anticholinergic effects may cause sedation, worsen cognitive impairment and increase fall risk. Non-sedating agents preferred. Gastrointestinal-May cause or worsen pre-existing constipation. Genitourinary-Best avoided in patients with urinary retention from any cause. Use caution in men with benign prostatic hypertrophy.
Giving Benztropine 2 Mg/2 Ml Injection Solution Anticholinergic Agents, Systemic to a child under 12
- Severe Precaution: Use with caution due to anticholinergic adverse effects.
- Contraindication: Contraindicated age < 3 years due to atropine-like side effects.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.