Who should not take MYCOPHENOLATE MOFETIL?
The following conditions are contraindicated with this drug. Check with your physician if you have any of the following:
- shingles in patients without a normal immune system
- a herpes simplex infection
- an unusual viral infection called cytomegalovirus infection
- opportunistic fungal infection
- a bad infection
- cancer or malignancy
- decreased function of bone marrow
- low levels of a type of white blood cell called neutrophils
- stomach or intestinal ulcer
- liver problems
- bleeding of the stomach or intestines
- a mother who is producing milk and breastfeeding
- malignant lymphoma
- hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase deficiency
- a rupture in the wall of the stomach or intestine
- a significant drop in a certain type of white blood cell called a neutrophil
- progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, a type of brain infection
- skin cancer
- kidney problems due to BK polyomavirus
- chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- pure red cell aplasia
Free RX Coupon
Save up to 80% on your prescriptions.
Save up to 80% on your prescription with WebMDRx
You Might Also Like
Are you currently using mycophenolate mofetil?
This survey is being conducted by the WebMD marketing sciences department.
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in this database is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, drug interactions or adverse effects, nor should it be construed to indicate that use of a particular drug is safe, appropriate or effective for you or anyone else. A healthcare professional should be consulted before taking any drug, changing any diet or commencing or discontinuing any course of treatment.